"JOY in the Journey" (Post 5)

"JOY in the Journey"
(Post 5)

I have been very emotional today...a heaviness....a sadness. Since 2005 I have been a full time stay at home mom to 4 wonderful (not easy) children. It has been difficult but also a blessing. Soon that season of my life will end. My youngest (and last) child will be starting school next month so he can start speech therapy. I thought I was doing to be fine but I guess it is harder than I thought.
Part of me is excited to see what this next season will bring but I am also a bit sad.

In another area, I believe that God is also shifting me a bit...digging deep and destroying those idols I am tightly holding on to. I am a very needy person and it is so easy for me to latch on tightly to friendships which is not healthy.

He may also be preparing me for another desert experience in this new season and I honestly feel anxious (but also excited!) He is destroying those idols that are in the way of my being refined. It is really emotionally painful but it is GOOD.

On a more positive note, Jim and I had such a great conversation about our marriage and how to cultivate it better. We are realizing that our marriage needs to be top priority or it can become a mentality of "just being use to one another." We also saw that being parents have been putting a toll on our marriage as well, and realized that if we are not careful, the marriage relationship can become stagnant or dry. Seventeen years of marriage we realized a lot of things we want to change and work on for the better. So there was a lot of tears (on my end) ending with laughter.

It has been a good journey and God has us in the palm of His hand. It is going to be okay. I am trusting Him!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"JOY in the Journey" (Post 6)

"JOY in the Journey" (Post 2)

"JOY in the Journey" (Post 3)