"JOY in the Journey" (Post 3)

"JOY in the Journey"
(Post 3)

Today I had washed my kids clothing and after picking up the kids and arriving home my one son (who has sensory processing disorder and anxiety) saw that his pants had whitish lint residue on them. Instead of talking to me he had a total meltdown of anger and screaming at me. I admit I was very shocked and hurt. In the past I would have gotten angry and would have yelled back but for some reason I remained calm with God's help and told him he wasn't going to talk to me in that way.

I went to my room in tears feeling overwhelmed, concerned for my son's response and just prayed fervently. A friend messaged me telling me that "those who lash out usually need love the most." I thought about that and ended up going to my son, wrapped my arms around him and told him I loved him, that I felt hurt in his response and concerned about his response as well. He just melted...he hugged me back and immediately apologized for getting so angry. 

Later, he shared a snack with his youngest brother and asked his twin if he could share as well. He even told his twin to "stop making mom do everything and to let me eat." *lol*
He ended up asking for a hug and told me he loved me.

This post is not meant to be a boast about "me doing the right thing" because it was VERY unnatural for me. But this is a post uplifting who God is and what He has done and IS doing in each of our lives.

Yes, God in His love for us tells us in His Word the Law to reveal our sin but then gives us the Gospel...His love and His hope.

My son and myself experienced that today.

I am beyond blessed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"JOY in the Journey" (Post 6)

"JOY in the Journey" (Post 2)